Founded in the Netherlands in 1995 and since 2009 headquartered in Singapore, AAL is a global multipurpose operator that serves the breakbulk, heavy lift and project cargo industry. We have grown into one of the world’s largest and most trusted’multipurpose operators.
Our customers represent industries like energy, oil & gas, mining, forestry, leisure, agriculture and construction and our vision is to be the best at what we do and to create sustainable growth and an unparalleled reputation, built on trust and service.
In 2016, AAL was awarded:’Breakbulk Operator of the Year 2016‘ (Global Freight Awards), ‘Excellence in Project Cargo Shipping 2016‘ (Australia Shipping Awards), ‘Best Project Cargo Shipping 2016‘ (AFLAS Awards). In 2017, AAL won the prestigious AFLAS Award once again, for excellence in global project shipping: ‘Best Project Cargo Shipping 2017‘
We offer our customers a unique ‘total’ multipurpose shipping solution, comprising THREE distinct service models that can be combined as required: Tramp & Projects solutions deliver tailor-made and highly competitive chartering options for any cargo type and to any compass point on either a spot, or long-term engagement basis. Liner Services provide scheduled and regular sailings that connect the main ports of Asia Pacific and Oceania. Our growing portfolio of Semi-Liner Services combine fixed-route sailings with highly flexible port calls on trades between Asia, Middle East, the Americas and Europe.
AAL’s expanding global infrastructure of representative offices and supporting agencies stretches from North Asia and Oceania to the Middle East, Europe and the Americas. With our award-winning team of multinational and multilingual professionals on land and sea – including our best-in-class engineering and technical team – we swiftly and effectively address around-the-clock demands of a global customer base.
Our fleet of owned and chartered-in multipurpose, heavy lift vessels is the sector’s youngest and most advanced. It comprises multiple classes of specialist multipurpose heavy lift vessels and includes our renowned A-Class (31,000 dwt) and S-Class (19,000 dwt) ships. All our vessels are equipped and versatile enough to load and accommodate a huge variety of cargo and – coupled with our team’s technical know-how and customer-centric philosophy – we deliver cargo handling and transport solutions of the highest standard in safety and efficiency.
AAL. Powered by Partnerships.
To become the world leader in the provision of global ocean transportation solutions, through sustainable growth and an unparalleled reputation, built on trust and service.
We will achieve our vision by:
- Understanding the needs of our customers across all aspects of our operation and building trust by providing services of the highest quality.
- Building our global operation and striving for optimum profitability, while maintaining high standards of sustainability and ethics.
- Operating regular and reliable Liner Services.
- Providing quality, tailor-made Tramp & Projects solutions.
- Developing more added-value services and expanding our reach into new and attractive markets, while maintaining the integrity of our existing framework.
- Using modern hardware and technology, whenever possible, in the provision of our services worldwide.
- Maintaining the highest level of expertise and qualification at all levels of our organisation.
- Striving for a “zero harm and zero damage” record.
- Approachability: We are understanding, available and accessible to others.
- Accountability: We proudly stand up for our work.
- Excellence: Our exceptional standards help us stand out from the crowd.
- Ambition: We go the extra mile for our customers.
- Trustworthiness: We can be trusted to deliver on our promises.
Our Quality Charter
- Conduct cargo planning in a manner that ensures optimum cargo care in compliance with relevant regulations, with an emphasis on effective and safe stowage methods whilst maintaining optimum cost benefits.
- Provide customers the most suitable infrastructure, including specialized lifting equipment and a real time booking and stowage system, aimed at meeting their cargo needs.
- Understand our customer requirements and work hand in hand with our suppliers to offer customised solutions and a personalized service.
- Recognise that our people are our most important asset and strive for an open and supportive environment. Respect and recognise the contribution of all team members.
- Provide skilled personnel that represent the values of AAL and continually develop their competencies.
- Appreciate that communication between all of our stakeholders is crucial and strive for attention, understanding, acceptance and action.
Health, Safety, Environment & Energy
We are committed to:
- Ensuring sustainable development by integrating environmental, economic and social considerations in all
aspects and cycles of our business.
- Establishing and maintaining a HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) Management System that meets or exceeds all relevant legal legislation and that employs the best practices whenever possible.
- Protecting the health and safety of all parties involved in our operations and building a culture that engages all entities to deliver on “zero harm and zero damage” goal.
- Improving our environmental and energy performance by applying the principles of pollution prevention and a diligent use of resources, thereby optimising energy and waste management in our operations.
- Providing employees with training and a platform to develop their skills, raising awareness through internal and external communication and ensuring adequate resources to achieve HSE excellence.
- Ensuring that a systematic review program is implemented and monitored with the goal of continual improvement in health, safety and environmental matters.
History and Milestones
Austral Asia Line BV is incorporated in the Netherlands and with its commercial head office in Brisbane, to provide a breakbulk, multipurpose liner service between South East Asia and Papua New Guinea, Queensland and the Northern Territories of Australia.
Project Asia Service is incorporated in the Netherlands, with its commercial head office in Brisbane, to provide services between North Asia, PNG and Australia East Coast.
Opening of Representative Office in Singapore.
Opening of Representative Office in Shanghai.
Delivery of owned, first generation, new-build, heavy lift, multipurpose vessels: D-Class vessels (30,000 DWT) – now retired,
Launch of PNG Express Service, linking Asia and PNG – now replaced by our New Pacific Line.
A dedicated Project Cargo Department is established.
Austral Asia Line BV and Project Asia Service BV (PAS) merge to form Austral Asia Line.
The Asia to Australia’s West Coast Liner Service is launched.
Introduction of 4 owned H-Class multipurpose, heavy lift vessels – now retired.
Opening of Representative Office in Korea.
Austral Asia Line Pte Ltd. (AAL) is incorporated, moving its headquarters to Singapore.
The AAL Brisbane is the first delivery of an order for 10 new-build A-Class (31,000dwt) multipurpose, heavy lift vessels.
A new ‘Tramp & Projects’ division is launched, to offer global, tailor-made chartering solutions.
The AAL Fremantle is the first delivery of an order for 4 new-build S-Class (19,000dwt) multipurpose, heavy lift vessels.
Opening of Representative Office in Houston.
Opening of Representative Office in Hamburg.
Expansion of East Coast Australia Service into New Zealand.
First entry into the North American market is marked by frequent and fixed route sailings, through the company’s Tramp & Projects division.
A new and dedicated Pacific Liner Service (Pacific Service) is launched, to offer regular and scheduled links between Asia and North America’s West Coast.
Opening of Representative Office in Seattle.
Opening of Representative Office in Vancouver.
Expansion of our Tramp & Projects division’s fleet, with chartered 3rd party tonnage.
AAL awarded ‘Best Shipping Line – Project Cargo 2014’ at the AFSCA awards
Austral Asia Line is formally re-branded globally to ‘AAL’.
Opening of an AAL Office in Japan.
Introduction of regular, fixed route sailings by our Tramp & Projects division, in key geographical areas.
AAL Awarded ‘Best Maritime Cargo Provider 2014’ at the 2015 Cargo Logistics Canada Awards of Excellence. Opening of an AAL Office in UAE.
Tramp & Projects Division increases portfolio of ‘Semi-Liner Services’, to incorporate routes between Asia and The Middle East, via The Gulf and the Red Sea.
AAL awarded: ‘Breakbulk Operator of the Year 2016‘ (Global Freight Awards), ‘Excellence in Project Cargo Shipping 2016‘ (Australia Shipping Awards), ‘Best Project Cargo Shipping 2016‘ (AFLAS Awards)
At AAL, we strive each day for a ‘zero harm and zero damage record’. The management and staff of AAL prioritise Health, Safety and Environmental matters as an integral part of the process with which we manage our fleet and our entire global operations.
We have in place an ongoing programme of training and re-training for our global crew and all our land-based technical, operations, commercial and support teams and our IT system and hardware are monitored 24/7 and maintained to the highest industry standard and regulations.
The company has also implemented a comprehensive management system, that haromonises and directs the internal and external operations and processes of our teams across our entire global network. Independent assessment and certification of this management system was performed by DNV-GL and such accreditation – to latest industry standards – demonstrates AAL’s ongoing commitment to achieving the highest levels of corporate governance, customer satisfaction, health, energy and environmental responsibility.
AAL is the first shipping company to be issued 2015 certifications – ISO 9001 for Quality Management and ISO 14001 for Environmental Management – by DNV–GL’s subsidiary office in Singapore. These were awarded simultaneously as ISO 50001:2011 for Energy Management and OHSAS 18001:2007 for Occupational Health & Safety.
Portfolio of Liner, Tramp & Semi-liner Services
At AAL, we have pooled our know-how, hardware and global network coverage to build a unique portfolio of services for our customers, that offers the scheduled regularity of a ‘Liner Services’ division and the flexibility of a tailor-made ‘Tramp & Projects’ division.
Our Liner Services division offers schedule integrity and regular sailings (between 17 and 30 days) to and from a large number of base ports between Asia, Oceania and Far East-Middle East regions. These scheduled sailings include:
- Asia – East Coast Australia Service
- North & South East Asia – West Coast Australia Service
- Far East – Middle East Liner Service
A rapidly expanding Tramp & Projects division was established in May 2011, to complement our Liner Services division and provide tailor-made tramp sailings and seamless ocean transport solutions for all types of dry cargo, to and from every compass point. The division has recently enlarged its portfolio of semi-liner service, combining regular fixed-route sailings with highly flexible port calls:
- Asia – Red Sea – Asia
- Gulf – Asia
- Asia – Middle East – Europe
- Asia – US Gulf / US East Coast Service
- Asia – North America