Coordinator, Logistic and Material (Engineering) – Based in Singapore
Singapore | Job Reference No. CLM-0117
AAL is a leading global ocean transport operator, serving the breakbulk, heavy lift and project cargo industry. A member of the prestigious maritime group, Schoeller Holdings, we have grown into one of the world’s largest multipurpose operators.
We service majors within industries like energy, oil & gas, mining, renewable energy, forestry, agriculture and construction. This is done via two complementary divisions: a ‘Liner Services’ division offers schedule integrity, with regular sailings between Asia, Oceania and North America and our ‘Tramp & Projects’ division provides tailor-made solutions between any compass point and semi-liner services on key trades.
We have immediate vacancy for an experienced Coordinator, Logistic and Materials for our transport engineering department.
1) Materials Management
- Assist to coordinate materials/ equipment planning for tramp vessels.
- Coordinate equipment transfers between vessels /ports and plan utilization of existing stock stored at relevant ports
- Coordinate and control purchase of lashing and lifting equipment
- Ensure proper certification, inspection and documentation of fleet’s lifting and lashing gears on board in coordination with Masters and Technical Fleet Superintendent
- Support commercial enquiries and maintain update equipment list
- Maintain and update worldwide offices with latest ship’s operational schedule
2) Engineering Planning and CSI Deployment
- Create and manage ship’s voyage folders for new fixtures
- Deployment and travel planning for both in-house and freelance Cargo Superintendent (CSI)
- Process CSI’s attendance invoices against supporting receipts for payment
3) Marketing & Commercial Support
- Assist Marketing Department for corporate publishing purposes
Experience and Qualifications
- Possess basic knowledge of shipping industry
- Highly attentive to detail and good at multi-tasking;
- Time and personnel management skills, including the ability to maximize the effectiveness of your time and multitask;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and good communication skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to communicate with non-native English speakers.
- Able to communicate in Mandarin with Chinese counterparts
If you think you meet the criteria needed for this position, please apply to the:
Human Resource Manager
|Job Reference No.||CLM-0117|
|Closing Date||Tuesday, 28th February 2017|
Please indicate the position and Job Reference Number in your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Share this career opportunity: