Junior Chartering Broker – based in Singapore
A Chartering Broker acts as an intermediary between charterers and cargo owners, whose key role is to arrange the transport of goods and commodities by sea, and the employment of vessels for that purposes. He/She monitors freight, ship hire and cargo rates and analyses reports on sales and freight earnings to monitor the business’ key performance indicators and results.
For successful incumbent, you will be working closely with our Chartering team to ensure smooth running of the day-to-day transactions.
• A minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in shipping industry
• A degree or diploma in any area of study, though a background in Shipping, Maritime Studies, Business, Economics and Logistics would have an advantage
• Excellent negotiating skills with a strong ability to influence people of all levels
• Strong people engagement skills to build a global network of contacts
• Strong commercial acumen and a professional code of conduct in handling confidential information
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidate will be notified for interview.
If you think you meet the criteria specified above, you may apply for the position via email, post or online. For application via email or post, please quote the Job Title and Job Reference No. together with your Resume/CV, Cover Letter and any documents for our consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. If your application is not suitable for this position, we will retain your details for other potential job openings in the future.
Human Resource Manager
|Closing Date (Submission)||Tuesday, 31st July 2018|
To apply for the above Position, please click on the APPLY ONLINE button below.
Share this career opportunity: