Operations Manager (Tramp) – Based in Singapore
Singapore| Job Reference No. T8016
We are currently looking for an experienced Operations Manager for our Tramp division, based in Singapore.
- Manage the Operations Department with team located in Singapore, Houston (US), Hamburg (GER) and other offices;
- Implement and monitor Operations procedures and systems to ensure efficient running of the department as well as responsibilities and accountabilities for team members;
- Mentor and support team members and promote training and skill upgrade;
- Liaise and work in close coordination with external Cargo Superintendent (CSI) and contractors where applicable.
Claims & Insurance
- Investigate causation and quantum of alleged claims;
- Mitigate company exposure by use of all available defenses and immunities within contract and/or as applicable within the law;
- In close coordination with AAL Legal team, liaise with Protection & Indemnity (P&I) Clubs and underwriters to ensure effective claims settlement;
- Liaise closely with AAL legal team and Commercial team for the claim settlement amounts & updating claims database;
- Ensure case reports are completed within required timeframes;
- Manage and conduct contract negotiation with port and stevedoring service providers where necessary;
- Conduct contract performance reviews;
- Assist in obtaining legal advice on contracts upon request;
- Assist with other contracts or CP’s when requested;
- Manage vessel turnaround time and costs;
- Manage service providers;
- Liaise with CSI with aim of improving port operations & productivity following each voyage;
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators for various operational matters;
- Review and approve disbursement accounts with port agencies;
- Monitor voyage optimization and handle vessel performance issues.
- Master Mariner qualification or extensive relevant experience within the maritime industry;
- Understanding of Maritime Law and Contracts of Carriage.
- Candidates with relevant experience in the same capacity in shipping industry preferred;
- Experience as ‘operators’ in dry cargo and preferably involved with MPP vessel operations;
- Knowledge in the latest versions of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proven skill and ability with shore based operations;
- Knowledge in cargo stowage; cargo hold cleaning for dry bulk cargoes
- Highly attentive to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Exceptional time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
If you think you meet the criteria needed for this position, please apply to the:
Human Resource Manager
|Job Reference No.||T8016|
|Closing Date||Thursday, 20th October 2016|
Please indicate the position and Job Reference Number in your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Share this career opportunity: