Voyage Operator (Tramp) – based in Singapore
Singapore | Job Reference No. VO-0117
AAL is a leading global ocean transport operator, serving the breakbulk, heavy lift and project cargo industry. A member of the prestigious maritime group, Schoeller Holdings, we have grown into one of the world’s largest multipurpose operators.
We service majors within industries like energy, oil & gas, mining, renewable energy, forestry, agriculture and construction. This is done via two complementary divisions: a ‘Liner Services’ division offers schedule integrity, with regular sailings between Asia, Oceania and North America and our ‘Tramp & Projects’ division provides tailor-made solutions between any compass point and semi-liner services on key trades.
The incumbent will provide support in vessel operations and assisting operations manager in tramp operations department.
A) Vessel Operations
Execute the voyages, including:
- Liaise and partner with Chartering, ship management, shipboard staff, customers and outside vendors including port agents, terminals and other related authorities to ensure the safe voyage and the most cost and time efficient vessel operation
- Understand and administer the terms of charter parties in order to optimize financial returns within its parameters
- Nominate port agents upon evaluation of PDA
- Provide and convey timely voyage instructions to the vessels
- Communicate regularly to Clients, agents, stevedores etc
- Manage the preparation of cargo documents
- Provide regular update on voyage operations to charterers
- Request and manage proforma / final / supplementary disbursement accounts through Disbursement Desk.
- Procure bunker fuel through official channels
- Arrange time charterer’s liability insurance through working with Insurance and Claims Department
- Maintain vessel status updated at all times within IMOS, including issuing invoices, preparing laytime, detention calculations, rebilling of owners’ expenses, updating voyage costs, on a timely basis
- Calculate and order bunkers – liaise with Master;
- Order bunkers in line with cash flow and split bunkers – liaise with Finance Manager;
- Maintain bunker consumption database with Arrival, Departure and Noon reports for Tramp vessels;
- Update bunker price register;
- Update and maintain bunker order report database;
- Update bunker forecast weekly for finals;
- Calculations for eco speed/RPM and liaise with Chartering/Trade & Master.
- Assist with claims as required by Legal team
D) Company Policies
- Abide by all company policies and procedures in place within the work place, particularly those relating to timekeeping and conduct;
- Report any incidents of non-conformance you witness or become aware of that is a risk to health and safety or that compromises a person’s well-being
Qualification and Person Requirement
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Logistic/Transportation, Business Studies/Administration/Management, Maritime Studies or equivalent.
- Required skill(s): good customer service skill, excellence follow-up, good time management, fast learner, able to work under tight deadlines.
- At least 2 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Junior Executives specializing in Logistics/Supply Chain or equivalent.
- Ability to converse in Chinese is desirable in order to liaise with China office.
- Able to commence immediately or within short notice.
If you think you meet the criteria specified above, you may apply for the position via email, post or online. For application via email or post, please quote the Job Title and Job Reference No. together with your Resume/CV, Cover Letter and any documents for our consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. If your application is not suitable for this position, we will retain your details for other potential job openings in the future.
Human Resource Manager
|Job Reference No.||VO-0117|
|Closing Date (Submission)||Tuesday, 31 October 2017|
To apply for the above Position, please click on the APPLY ONLINE button below.
Share this career opportunity: