Voyage Operator – Based in Singapore
Singapore | Job Reference No. VO-016
AAL is recruiting for a Voyage Operator to provide support in vessel operations and assisting operations manager in tramp operations department.
A) Vessel Operations
The key responsibilities is to execute the voyages, including:
• Liaise and partner with Chartering, ship management, shipboard staff, customers and outside vendors including port agents, terminals and other related authorities to ensure the safe voyage and the most cost and time efficient vessel operation
• Understand and administer the terms of charter parties in order to optimize financial returns within its parameters
• Nominate port agents upon evaluation of PDA
• Provide and convey timely voyage instructions to the vessels
• Communicate regularly to Clients, agents, stevedores etc.
• Manage the preparation of cargo documents
• Provide regular update on voyage operations to charterers
• Request and manage proforma / final / supplementary disbursement accounts through Disbursement Desk.
• Procure bunker fuel through official channels
• Arrange time charterer’s liability insurance through working with Insurance and Claims Department
• Maintain vessel status updated at all times within IMOS, including issuing invoices, preparing laytime, detention calculations, rebilling of owners’ expenses, updating voyage costs, on a timely basis
The key responsibilities is to:
• Calculate and order bunkers – liaise with Master;
• Order bunkers in line with cash flow and split bunkers – liaise with Finance Manager;
• Maintain bunker consumption database with Arrival, Departure and Noon reports for Tramp vessels;
• Update bunker price register;
• Update and maintain bunker order report database;
• Update bunker forecast weekly for finals;
• Calculations for eco speed/RPM and liaise with Chartering/Trade & Master.
The candidate must be able to assist with claims as required by Legal team
D) Company Policies
The candidate must abide by all company policies and procedures in place within the work place, particularly those relating to timekeeping and conduct and report any incidents of non-conformance you witness or become aware of that is a risk to health and safety or that compromises a person’s wellbeing
The ideal candidate must possess at least a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Logistic/Transportation, Business Studies/Administration/Management, Maritime Studies or equivalent.
At least 2 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position – preferably Junior Executives specializing in Logistics/Supply Chain or equivalent.
Good customer service skill is a requirement, and so are excellence follow-up, good time management and a fast learner. The ideal candidate must be able to work under tight deadlines and have the ability to converse in Chinese is desirable in order to liaise with China office.
The ideal candidate must be able to start immediately or within short notice.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.
If you think you meet the criteria needed for this position, please apply to the:
Human Resource Manager
|Job Reference No.||VO-016|
|Closing Date||Thursday, 20th October 2016|
Please indicate the position and Job Reference Number in your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Share this career opportunity: