Personal Data Collected
Personal Data may refer to any online or offline data, whether true or not, that makes a person identifiable. This includes, but is not limited to names, addresses, usernames and passwords, photographs, social security numbers, financial data, and employment-related information. Personal Data does not include business contact information.
AAL does not require any Personal Data from anonymous visitors who access our website.
AAL only collects Personal Data only from users who request information, provide feedback about any of our products or services, or seek employment opportunities with us. For these users, AAL will your personal data for the following purposes:
- 1. Personal identification and verification,
- 2. To allow AAL to respond to your requests and provide feedback,
- 3. To allow AAL to contact you for the service(s) or opportunities, including employment opportunities, as requested by you,
- 4. To conduct research, analysis or development activities to enhance products or services offered on this website, and/or for AAL business operations and purposes,
- 5. To facilitate or manage any business transaction(s) with you,
- 6. To inform you of events, industry updates or market developments, or other information that AAL considers to be relevant and of interest to you according to your requests/feedback/services
- 7. To carry out due diligence and other screening activities, or to prevent or investigate any fraud or breach of contract, or unlawful activity,
- 8. For any other additional purposes that is consistent with the original purpose for which the personal data was given.
If you are providing AAL with your Personal Data for the purposes of a job application and/or job enquiries, the Personal Data that you provide may also be used for the purposes listed in the Personal Data Notice and Consent.
If you do not provide the information requested, this may limit our ability to respond to your request(s) or feedback may be limited.
AAL will first seek your permission if we wish to use your Personal Data for any other purposes.
Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
AAL’s objective is to use the information you provide to better understand your requirements and provide information to you on products and services that are most relevant to you.
In order to achieve this objective, Personal Data that you have provided together with your particular request for information, services, or opportunities may be shared by AAL with its affiliates who will follow up your request by mail, email or telephone. These third parties may be located within or outside Singapore. They will be required to keep your information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we are permitted to use it.
AAL will not sell, rent or trade your personal information. AAL is however, obliged to allow law enforcement agencies and other government agencies with the relevant legal authority to inspect our ISP logs if there is an investigation.
AAL has put in place reasonable measures to ensure that transfer of Personal Data out of Singapore is protected and compiles with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
Retention of Personal Data
AAL will retain your Personal Data for a reasonable period for the purposes for which it was provided, or until you request for AAL to delete the Personal Data, or as required by law, whichever arrives first.
Withdrawal of Consent
You can exercise your right to withdraw your consent under this Policy at any time by writing to the Privacy Officer. Please note that withdrawal of consent might affect AAL’s ability respond to your request(s) or feedback.
AAL has put in place robust policies and security arrangements to protect that the Personal Data it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, compete and up to date by doing the following:
- Verifying the Personal Data with the individual when contacted by the individual, whether provided in writing or over the telephone, and
- Updating the individual’s s Personal Data on AAL’s computer databases when possible.
To ensure that the personal data held by AAL is up to date, it is important that you inform AAL, in writing, of any changes to your Personal Data. If you would like to update or correct your Personal Data, please write to the Privacy Officer.
When you submit your contact details to AAL, you represent and warrant that you are the authorised user and/or subscriber of the email and/or telephone number.
AAL has put in place robust policies and security arrangements to protect the Personal Data it holds from misuse, loss and unauthorised access. AAL ensures that only authorised employees have access to Personal Data held by AAL.
However, no electronic system can be entirely secured from unauthorised invasion. Accordingly, AAL cannot guarantee the absolute security of any Personal Data held in our electronic storage system, or that no harmful code will enter AAL’s website. You will be informed promptly once we become aware that your Personal Data held by us have been accessed in an unauthorized manner. You are advised to take note of the risks and exercise any necessary precautions.
AAL is not responsible for the content or privacy practices used by websites that are linked to or from this website.
In most cases you will be able to access the Personal Data that we have on you. To request access to your personal data, please write to the Privacy Officer. A reasonable fee may apply to cover the expenses of retrieving the data.
When you use this website, our Internet Service Provider (“ISP”) will record and log information about your visit including:
- your IP address, server address and top level domain name (eg. .com, .gov, etc),
- the date and time of your visit, or when entering from another website, the address of that website,
- the pages and documents you access during your visit, and
- the type of browser, plug-ins and other technologies you are using.
By continuing the use of our website without changing any settings, you are consenting to the way this website places cookies on your device.
Changes to The Policy
AAL may make changes to this Policy from time to time for any reason and will publish an amended version of this Policy on this website.
Telephone: +65 6248 3600
Fax: +65 6334 2422
Address: 9 Temasek Boulevard
#20-01 Suntect Tower 2