Personal Data Collected
Personal Data may refer to any online or offline data, whether true or not, that makes a person identifiable such as names, addresses, usernames and passwords, digital footprints, photographs, social security numbers, financial data, and employment-related information. Personal Data does not include business contact information.
AAL does not require any personal information from anonymous visitors who access our website. When you use this website, our Internet Service Provider (“ISP”) will record and log information about your visit to the website for statistical purposes including the following information about your visit:
- your IP address, server address and top level domain name (eg. .com, .gov, etc),
- the date and time of your visit, or when entering from another website, the address of that website,
- the pages and documents you access during your visit, and
- the type of browser, plug-ins and other technologies you are using.
This information may be collected through the use of “cookies” (see below). We will not attempt to identify individual users and we will not collect personal information unless you provide it to us.
We collect Personal Data only from users who request information, provide feedback about any of our products or services, or seek employment opportunities with us. For these users, we will your personal data for the following purposes:
- 1. Personal identification and verification,
- 2. To allow us to respond to your requests and provide feedback,
- 3. To allow us to contact you for the service(s) or opportunities, including employment opportunities, as requested by you,
- 4. To conduct research, analysis or development activities to enhance products or services offered on this website, and/or for AAL business operations and purposes,
- 5. To facilitate or manage any business transaction(s) with you,
- 6. To inform you of events, industry updates or market developments, or other information that AAL considers to be relevant and of interest to you according to your requests/feedback/services
- 7. To carry out due diligence and other screening activities, or to prevent or investigate any fraud or breach of contract, or unlawful activity,
- 8. For any other additional purposes that is consistent with the original purpose for which the personal data was given.
If you are providing AAL with your Personal Data for the purposes of a job application and/or job enquiries, the Personal Data that you provide may also be used for the purposes listed in the Personal Data Notice and Consent.
If you do not provide the information requested, this may limit our ability to respond to your request(s) or feedback may be limited.
AAL will first seek your permission if we wish to use your Personal Data for any other purposes.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Our goal is to use the information you provide to better understand your requirements and provide information to you on products and services that are most relevant to you.
In order to achieve the goal, Personal Data that you have provided together with your particular request for information, services, or opportunities may be shared by AAL with its affiliates who will follow up your request by mail, email or telephone. These third parties may be located within or outside Singapore. They will be required to keep your information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we are permitted to use it.
AAL will not sell, rent or trade your personal information. We are obliged however to allow law enforcement agencies and other government agencies with the relevant legal authority to inspect our ISP logs if there is an investigation.
AAL has put in place reasonable measures to ensure that transfer of Personal Data out of Singapore is protected and compiles with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
Retention of Personal Data
AAL will retain your Personal Data for a reasonable period for the purposes for which it was provided, or until you request for AAL to delete the Personal Data, or as required by law, whichever arrives first.
Withdrawal of Consent
You can exercise your right to withdraw your consent under this Policy at any time by writing to our Privacy Officer. Please note that withdrawal of consent might affect our ability respond to your request(s) or feedback.
AAL will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, compete and up to date by doing the following:
- Verifying customer personal information with the customer when contacted by the customer, whether provided in writing or over the telephone,
- Updating a customer’s personal information on AAL’s computer databases.
To ensure that the personal data held by AAL is up to date, it is important that you inform AAL, in writing, of any changes to your Personal Data. If you would like to update or correct your Personal Data, please write to our Privacy Officer.
When you submit your contact details to AAL, you represent and warrant that you are the authorised user and/or subscriber of the email and/or telephone number.
AAL has put in place robust policies and security arrangements to protect the Personal Data it holds from misuse, loss and unauthorised access. AAL ensures that only authorised employees have access to Personal Data held by AAL.
However, no electronic system can be entirely secured from unauthorised invasion. Accordingly, AAL cannot guarantee the absolute security of any Personal Data held in our electronic storage system, or that no harmful code will enter AAL’s website. You will be informed promptly once we become aware that your Personal Data held by us have been accessed in an unauthorized manner. You are advised to take note of the risks and exercise any necessary precautions.
AAL is not responsible for the content or privacy practices used by websites that are linked to or from our website.
In most cases you will be able to access the Personal Data that we have on you. To request access to your personal data, please write to our Privacy Officer. A reasonable fee may apply to cover the expenses of retrieving the data.
Changes to The Policy
AAL may make changes to this Policy from time to time for any reason. When we do, we will publish an amended version of this Policy on our website.
T: +65 6248 3600
F: +65 6334 2422
9 Temasek Boulevard
#20-01 Suntect Tower 2