Accountant (Six-Month Contract)
Established in 1995, AAL Shipping (AAL) is an award-winning global breakbulk and project heavy lift cargo operator. Our customers represent dynamic industries like energy, oil & gas, mining, forestry, leisure, agriculture and construction – and our vision is to be the best at what we do and to create sustainable growth and an unparalleled reputation, built on trust and service.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join the Finance Department in our headquarters in Singapore as an Accountant for a 6-month contract. The dynamic team you would be working with has been a valuable function within our company for over 25 years, providing top notch service to all departments and our international office network.
In this important role you would be a proactive member of the Department in ensuring the smooth operation of the book of accounts, managing both voyage and corporate accounting, ensuring accurate and timely recording of business transactions and the production of relevant reports -as well as the provision of ad-hoc support for planning and analysis.
A tertiary qualification in Accounting/Finance is a must and working experience in the shipping industry is also an advantage. You should be able to exchange information clearly and concisely and have a high attention to detail. You should further possess outstanding time management competency and be able to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Maximise the overall cash flow position of the Company and the payment of group hires.
- Calculate and update voyage performance for assigned vessels in the official Monthly Voyage Results.
- Handle voyage accounting for tramp vessels, incl. review and post of all voyage related transactions and close-out of voyage results for completed voyages.
- Rebill and review of owner expenses, for assigned vessels.
- Maintain bunker inventory schedules for assigned vessels and ensure that the quantities and current cost of the various grades of bunkers are accurately reflected.
- Prepare and update balance sheet schedules for assigned accounts.
Qualification and Personal Requirement:
- 5 – 7 years working experience in a similar role.
- Minimum Diploma in Accounting, or a business-related discipline.
- Qualification inCAT, or ACCA is of advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of IMOS (voyage management software) is an advantage.
- Keen interest in understanding the business of the company.
- Ability to communicate clearly, accurately and concisely.
- Highly attentive to detail.
- Demonstrative ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and terminology.
- Ability to calculate numbers, correct entries, and post to records.
- Ability to adhere to strict timelines and work under pressure.
- Ability to organise records and files neatly.
If you think you meet the criteria specified above, you may apply for the position via email or online. For an application via email please quote the Job Title for our consideration.
|Closing Date (Submission)||7th March 2021|
To apply for the above Position, please click on the APPLY ONLINE button below.