Chartering Broker – Singapore Headquarters
AAL Shipping – Singapore Headquarters
Established in 1995, AAL is a leading global breakbulk, heavy lift and project cargo vessel operator. Our customers represent dynamic industries like energy, oil & gas, mining, forestry, leisure, agriculture and construction – and our vision is to be the best at what we do and to create sustainable growth and an unparalleled reputation, built on trust and service. We are seeking an experienced individual to join the Chartering Department as Chartering Broker for the trade lane Asia/Europe and be based in our Singapore office.
- Identify clients and projects to develop on trade lanes between Asia and Europe and en-route.
- Monitor and evaluate market developments on the assigned trade lane, identify chartering opportunities and assess potential returns.
- Work with the management team on tender submissions.
- Promote AAL’s operating fleet to its customers.
- Manage and negotiate terms and contracts with clients to achieve maximum revenue.
- Handle the full process of spot parcel booking and project coordination.
- Liaise with stakeholders on resolutions for issues arising during the execution of the fixture.
- Analyze and coordinate voyages in view of vessel positions, cargo requirements and open vessel space.
- Implement the company chartering plan for trades between Asia and Europe.
- Understand cargo and stowage requirements and liaise with various departments to optimize same.
Qualifications and Personal Requirements:
- At least 3-5 years working experience in the heavy lift/MPP sector with a ship owner.
- Excellent knowledge of clients within industries such as energy, oil & gas, mining, forestry, leisure, agriculture and construction.
- Experience in IMOS is desirable.
- A thorough understanding of BIMCO booking notes and charter parties.
- Fluency in English.
- Proficient knowledge of one European language is of advantage.
- Frequent travel to Europe is required for this position.
- Transferable skills: excellent negotiation skills, analytical thinking, good customer service attitude, excellent follow-up practices, good time management, fast learner, able to work under tight deadlines.
If you think you meet the criteria specified above, you may apply for the position via email or online. For an application via email please quote the Job Title for our consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Human Resource Advisor
|Closing Date (Submission)||End of February 2020|
To apply for the above Position, please click on the APPLY ONLINE button below.