Customer Service Representative – based in Brisbane
Established in 1995, AAL is a leading global breakbulk and heavy lift project cargo operator. Our customers represent dynamic industries like energy, oil & gas, mining, forestry, leisure, agriculture and construction – and our vision is to be the best at what we do and to create sustainable growth and an unparalleled reputation, built on trust and service.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our busy Operations Department as a Customer Service Representative, based in Brisbane. In this role, you will be the point of contact between our customers, service providers, port agents and government organisations. You will manage the day-to-day documentation for our allocated vessels and support the company in offering high level services.
You will need a strong background in the shipping industry, with a combination of exceptional communications and customer service skills. You should be able to exchange clear and concise information and have high attention to detail. You’ll further possess an outstanding time and personal management skills.
Handling of Imports
- Accurately handle all documentation, such as invoices, delivery orders, arrival notices.
- Communicate with Port Agents or Cargo Superintendents.
- Check cargo requirements
Handling of Exports
- Co-ordinate container release if required
- Communicate relevant information with all parties
- Handle and check relevant reports and documents such as mate’s receipt, load list
- Raise invoices and issue Bills of Lading
Declarations to Customs
- Handle electronic data lodgment for import and export
- Process vessel clearance for arrival and departure for all Australian ports.
Qualification and Personal Requirement
- At least 3 years’ experience in a customer service role in the shipping industry.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications.
- Excellent command of the English language (written and spoken).
- Meticulous, organized, with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work using own initiative or as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to effectively manage own workload and meet deadlines.
- Australian citizen or Permanent Resident
If you think you meet the criteria specified above, you may apply for the position via email or online. For an application via email please quote the Job Title for our consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Human Resource Advisor
|Closing Date (Submission)||3rd November 2019|
To apply for the above Position, please click on the APPLY ONLINE button below.