Deputy Global Operations Manager
Established in 1995, AAL is an award-winning global breakbulk and project heavy lift cargo operator. Our customers represent dynamic industries like energy, oil & gas, mining, forestry, leisure, agriculture and construction – and our vision is to be the best at what we do and to create sustainable growth and an unparalleled reputation, built on trust and service.
We are seeking an experienced professional to join our busy Operations Department at our headquarters in Singapore as Deputy Global Operations Manager. The award-winning team you would be working with comprises some of the sector’s finest professionals and has been executing multipurpose shipping solutions for over 25 years. In this role you would assist the Global Operations Manager to coordinate the Operations teams worldwide.
You will have more than 10 years of experience within ship operations of MPP/HL vessels as well as an advanced knowledge of the MPP trade, both from an operations and commercial point of view. A bachelor’s degree in Maritime Business combined with exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills, is a must. You have led international teams and know how to motivate and inspire accountability. You need to be able to exchange information clearly and concisely and have a high attention to detail.
- Ensure all voyages are planned and executed with due regard to customer satisfaction, having always in mind safety, quality and financial accountability and performance.
- Assist the Head of the department with the day-to-day efficient and smooth operation of the department and our overseas offices, which includes overseeing day-to-day operations of the AAL Fleet.
- Supervise the voyage operators/coordinators globally and offer guidance and mentoring as required.
- Support onboard crews whenever required on cargo / voyage planning and care, voyage execution, relationships with cargo interests, etc.
- Constantly thrive for improving the fleet turn-around time and cost control. Aim for improvement of all port operations and productivity for each voyage.
- Monitor bunker consumption across the AAL Fleet, screen and approve all bunker orders as received from the operators.
- Liaise with ship managers and/or ship owners on commercial, operational, and technical matters.
- Closely monitor performance of the AAL Fleet (consumption, hull condition, gear availability and status), and swiftly liaise with technical management for rectification of any shortcomings.
- Coach, motivate and support the Operations team and facilitate trainings for new hires.
Qualification and Personal Requirement:
- Candidate must possess at least a bachelor’s degree in Maritime Studies.
- More than 10 years experience in the operation of MPP vessels, with a dwt of 17,000 and above.
- Ability to assist with bulk cargoes – cargo planning, loading and care.
- Good knowledge of IMOS software.
- Profound knowledge of legal matters related to operation of a fleet of vessels.
- 3-5 years’ experience in leading international teams.
- Overseas working experience is desirable.
- Required skills: good customer service skills; excellent project management and follow-up capabilities; good time management; fast learner; able to work under tight deadlines.
If you think you meet the criteria specified above, you may apply for the position via email or online. For an application via email please quote the Job Title for our consideration.
|Closing Date (Submission)||24th March 2021|
To apply for the above Position, please click on the APPLY ONLINE button below.