Logistics & Materials Manager – based in Singapore
Established in 1995, AAL is an award-winning global breakbulk and project heavy lift cargo operator. Our customers represent dynamic industries like energy, oil & gas, mining, forestry, leisure, agriculture and construction – and our vision is to be the best at what we do and to create sustainable growth and an unparalleled reputation, built on trust and service.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join the busy Engineering Department in our headquarters in Singapore as a Logistics & Materials Manager. The award-winning team you would be working with comprises some of the sector’s finest professionals and has been delivering multipurpose shipping solutions for over 25 years.
In this role you would manage day-to-day materials planning and management of our fleet of multipurpose cargo vessels, coordinate the deployment of our cargo superintendents and extend cargo operational support to the global Operations team.
A background in the heavy lift shipping sector, preferably a with Diploma in Maritime Management or Logistics, combined with exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills, is a must. You should also be able to exchange information clearly and concisely and have high attention to detail. You should further have outstanding time management competency and be able to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Prepare and maintain up to date ships’ operational scheduling, evaluate and improve schedule integrity and advise corrective action where required.
- Monitor vessel movement, schedule & port operations.
- Source and manage the acquisition and deployment of ship and cargo handling materials
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills and accuracy is essential as you will be required to prepare and analyse schedules and data and to help predict operational problems.
- Manage and monitor budget and operating costs related to asset materials.
- Purchasing process reviews and set up guidelines for continuous improvements and effectiveness.
Qualification and Personal Requirement:
- At least 3 – 6 years working experience in transport engineering and/or heavy lift shipping.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Knowledge in IMOS is of advantage.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and customer service skills with the ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely.
- Highly attentive to detail.
- Time and personal management skills, including the ability to multitask.
- Ability to manage and motivate staff.
- Transferable skills: excellent negotiation skills, analytical thinking, good customer service attitude, excellent follow-up practices, good time management, fast learner, able to work under tight deadlines.
If you think you meet the criteria specified above, you may apply for the position via email or online. For an application via email please quote the Job Title for our consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Human Resource Advisor
|Closing Date (Submission)||22nd March 2021|
To apply for the above Position, please click on the APPLY ONLINE button below.