Chartering Manager - Bulk Cargoes
Houston TX, US Office
Established in 1995, AAL is an award-winning global breakbulk and project heavy lift cargo operator. Our customers represent dynamic industries like energy, oil & gas, mining, forestry, leisure, agriculture and construction – and our vision is to be the best at what we do and to create sustainable growth and an unparalleled reputation, built on trust and service.
We are seeking an experienced Chartering Manager to join a well-established team based in our US Office in Houston, TX. The Chartering Department you would be joining comprises highly experienced professionals and operates one of the largest fleets of multipurpose heavy lift vessels in the sector.
- Promote AAL’s ocean transport solutions to target customer groups.
- Monitor and evaluate market developments in assigned trade lane/s, identifying chartering opportunities and assessing potential returns.
- Manage and negotiate terms and contracts with customers, to achieve maximum returns.
- Build a solid understanding of each vessels cargo and stowage requirements and liaise with various other internal departments to optimise same.
Qualification and Personal Requirements:
- At least 10 years of working experience with major bulk operators, or bulk / Handy size chartering or brokering.
- Familiar with the Dry Bulk market in both Pacific and Atlantic as well as WW network.
- Experienced as a Charterer/Operator and/or Broker and capable of running their own desk from start.
- Capable of evaluating the Dry Bulk market, recognising opportunities for good value charter and subsequently finding cargo/stems to cover this opportunity profitably.
- Experience in sourcing 3rd party tonnage from the market and making successful plays in the Dry Bulk space.
- Have an existing network of Owners/Operators as well as Cargo & Brokers established.
- Ideally have an established client cargo book that can follow the person to us.
- Capable of evaluating intake and workability on Bulk Vessels of most sizes.
- Capable of negotiating CPs, Terms to manage, Limit AAL risk in exposure to Head Owners.
- Capable of negotiating CPs, Terms to manage, Limit AAL risk in exposure to Cargo Owners.
- Experience in IMOS desirable.
- A thorough understanding of BIMCO booking notes and charter parties.
- Transferable skills: excellent negotiation skills; analytical thinking; good customer service ethics; solid follow-up practices; good time management; fast learning and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
If you think you meet the criteria specified above, you may apply for the position via email or online. For an application via email please quote the Job Title for our consideration.
|Closing Date (Submission)||-|
To apply for the above Position, please click on the APPLY ONLINE button below.