Established in 1995, AAL is an award-winning global breakbulk and project heavy lift cargo operator. Our customers represent dynamic industries like energy, oil & gas, mining, forestry, leisure, agriculture and construction – and our vision is to be the best at what we do and to create sustainable growth and an unparalleled reputation, built on trust and service.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join the busy Engineering Department in our headquarters in Singapore as a Project Engineer. The award-winning team you would be working with comprises some of the sector’s finest professionals and has been delivering multipurpose shipping solutions for over 25 years.
In this role you would prepare and plan cargo stowage, lifting and sea-fastening solutions as well as execute modelling and calculations for same. Once it is safe to travel again, you will have the chance to assist with loading and discharge operations in ports around Asia and work closely with our in-house team of Cargo Superintendents.
A Bachelor’s degree in Naval Architecture or Offshore Engineering is required. You will further need excellent knowledge of ‘AutoCAD’ design software. You should also have the ability to exchange information clearly and concisely and possess high attention to detail, with strong time management in a potentially fast-moving environment.
Experience & Qualifications:
- University graduate in either naval architecture or offshore technology, a with specialisation in hydrostatics, hydrodynamics and structural analysis;
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualisation software, such as AutoCad (preferred);
- Work experience within the shipping industry preferred;
- Familiarity with shipping rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards;
- Proven experience as a project engineer;
- Basic knowledge of marine technology will also be considered, but only if strongly inclined towards programming, visualisation and simulation;
- Knowledge of finite element analysis and possibly numerical fluid dynamics are an advantage.
Only applicants already located in Singapore will be considered for this role.
If you think you meet the criteria specified above, you may apply for the position via email or online. For an application via email please quote the Job Title for our consideration.
|Closing Date (Submission)||-|
To apply for the above Position, please click on the APPLY ONLINE button below.