AAL Hamburg, Germany
Established in 1995, AAL is a leading global breakbulk and heavy lift project cargo operator. Our customers represent dynamic industries like energy, oil & gas, mining, forestry, leisure, agriculture and construction – and our vision is to be the best at what we do and to create sustainable growth and an unparalleled reputation, built on trust and service. We are seeking an experienced individual to join the Operations Department as a Voyage Operator and be based in our Hamburg office.
Execute voyage operations, including:
- Liaison with partner, chartering, ship management, shipboard staff, customers and outside vendors including port agents, terminals and other related authorities to ensure a safe voyage and the most cost and time efficient vessel operation;
- Understand and administer the terms of charter parties to optimize financial returns;
- Nominate port agents upon evaluation of PDA;
- Provide and convey timely voyage instructions to the vessels;
- Communicate regularly to customers, agents, stevedores etc;
- Manage the preparation of cargo documents;
- Provide regular updates on voyage operations to charterers;
- Request and manage proforma / final / supplementary disbursement accounts;
- Maintain updated vessel status reports within IMOS, including: issuing invoices, preparing laytime, detention calculations, rebilling of owners’ expenses and voyage costs and all on a timely basis;
- Assist with claims, as required by AAL Legal & Claims.
Qualification and Personal Requirement:
- Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in Maritime Studies or equivalent.
- Ideally experienced in the use of IMOS.
- Required skills: good customer service skills, solid time management, fast learner, able to work under tight deadlines and time pressure.
- At least 2 years of work experience in a related field is required for this position.
If you think you meet the criteria specified above, you may apply for the position via email or online. For an application via email please quote the Job Title for our consideration.
|Closing Date (Submission)||Tuesday 25 January 2022|
To apply for the above Position, please click on the APPLY ONLINE button below.